www.studying-with-children.de         Print     Help     Sitemap     Contact     Search     Studentenwerk Giessen

Home / Financial support / Supplementary child allowance

Supplementary child allowance / Kinderzuschlag

Parents with low income can apply for supplementary child allowance for an under-age child living in their household if they are entitled to receive child benefit and are not claiming benefits under Social Security Code II / SGB II, e.g. Unemployment Benefit II / ALG II, income support / Sozialgeld. The maximum supplementary child allowance for each under-age child living in the shared household is € 205 a month. Parents can claim supplementary child allowance if their income and assets cover their own needs within the meaning of the rules of Unemployment Benefit II (minimum gross income limit: for singles € 600, for couples € 900, excluding housing benefit / Wohngeld and child benefit). If the income and/or assets to be taken into account exceed the maximum income limit, parents are not entitled to supplementary child allowance. More detailed information is provided in the information sheet (in German) on supplementary child allowance that can be obtained from the Family Benefits Office, at www.bmfsfj.de or from the Advice and Service department at Giessen Student Services / Studentenwerk Gießen A.d.ö.R..

Application for the supplementary child allowance must be made through the Family Benefits Office / Familienkasse.

In Giessen and Friedberg:

Agentur für Arbeit Gießen

Nordanlage 60
D-35390 Gießen
Phone 01801 546337
Fax 0641 9393584

In Fulda:

Familienkasse Hanau

Am Hauptbahnhof 1
D-63450 Hanau
Phone 01801 546337

    •     www.studying-with-children.de     •     Last update: 11.11.2022     •     © Studentenwerk Giessen     •     Legal Notice